Tuesday, June 1, 2010
* 2 cups black beans, cooked, rinsed
* 1 ear corn, boiled, kernels removed from the cob
* 1/2 medium red onion, diced
* 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
* 1/2 medium poblano pepper, diced
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (leaves and stems)
* 1/2 cup lime juice
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon salt
Combine the beans, corn, onion, peppers, and cilantro in a large bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the bean mixture. Chill the salad for 2 hours before serving.
8 oz. little pasta shells
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup (4 oz) fat free cream cheese, room temp.
1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook about 12 minutes or until done. Drain the water.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the chicken stock and the peas to thaw them out.
Once the pasta is done and the water has been drained, add the chicken stock with the peas to the pasta.
Then add all of the cheeses. Stir over low heat until all of the cheese is melted and it forms a sauce.
Add Italian seasonings and garlic to taste
Transfer to a large bowl and serve.
Fantastic Focaccia Bread
1 package (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2/3 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
2 firm plum tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out pizza crust to within 1 inch of edge of Rectangle Stone using lightly floured Baker's Roller(R). Press garlic over crust using Garlic Press; spread evenly using Skinny Scraper. Sprinkle olive oil over top of dough.
2. Grate half of the Romano cheese over crust using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon of the oregano. Thinly slice tomatoes with Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade; arrange in single layer over cheese. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and oregano. Grate the remaining Romano cheese over top.
3. Bake 25-28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Cut into squares with Pizza Cutter; serve hot using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 24 appetizers
Nutrients per serving: (2 appetizers): Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 370 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving (2 appetizers): 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat (1 carb)
Cook's Tips: This recipe can be made on the Classic Round Stone. Roll pizza crust to a 12-inch circle; proceed as recipe directs.
There's no need to peel garlic cloves before pressing when using the Garlic Press. When cloves are pressed, the garlic flesh gets forced through the holes, while the papery skin stays in the hopper.
(C)The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2002