- 2-1/2 cups flour, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups seedless jam, such as raspberry
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. In a medium-size bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, then set it aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter and both sugars until well blended, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter. Beat them until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until a soft dough is formed.
Spread two thirds of the dough over the bottom of the prepared pan, then spread the jam evenly on top. Scatter small mounds of the remaining dough over the jam layer and sprinkle it with the peanuts.
Bake the dessert until golden brown, rotating the pan halfway through, about 45 minutes. Let the dessert cool before cutting it into squares. Makes 18 bars.