Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Broccoli Cheddar Rolls

1 recipe dough for rolls, gone through the first rise
1 (10 oz) bag of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you want-I used pepper jack)
1/4 cup minced dried onions
1 egg
1 teaspoon onion salt (I didn't have this, so I used garlic powder)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I didn't have again, so I used a Cajun seasoning that is similar)

After dough has completed first rise, turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out dough into a large rectangle, about 1/4" thick. Mix broccoli, cheeses, onions, egg, and salts in a small bowl. Spread mixture over dough. Tightly roll up the dough jelly roll style. Using a little water on fingertips, pinch edge firmly to seal dough. Cut into 24 slices.

Place slices on greased cookie sheets. Brush panned dough with melted butter. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise until double in size. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes (I should have done more like 20 because they were still a little doughy). Remove to cool on wire rack immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment